About the CTI High Level Financial Roundtable
With the theme: “Partnerships at work at the regional, national, and local level”, the HLFRT will mobilize resources from national budgets, private sector investments, development partner assistance, and other sustainable financing mechanisms to increase investments in the CTI.
The event will be an opportunity for the CTI to:
- present CTI investment opportunities for the countries and the region;
- realign current donor interests in regional and national level implementation of the Plans of Action;
- attract new donors; and
- exhibit fiscal responsibility by preparing financial strategies that highlight each CTI government’s commitment towards sourcing funds internally through various modalities for sustainable financing.
Why do we need to invest more in the CTI?
Increased investments in the CTI will:
- ensure that site-based implementation of the National Plans of Action (NPOAs) will continue and further expand;
- invigorate the regional work that has been started in all the Regional Plan of Action (RPOA) goals through the following:
- supporting the four thematic working groups;
- harmonizing fisheries policies;
- strengthening the regional network of marine protected areas (MPAs) socially, bio-physically and institutionally; and
- implement effective climate change adaptation policies
- strengthen regional collaboration by affirming the critical role of the Regional Secretariat to manage regional processes and promote a transparent monitoring of the targets committed to by the countries; and
- continue to advocate for strong political support from the highest levels of government in the Coral Triangle.