CTI Road Map
During the Senior Officials Meeting (SOM), representatives from the six Coral Triangle countries endorsed a Road Map, outlining a process to develop the CTI Plan of Action.
To facilitate this process, the following steps will be undertaken:
- The Indonesian Government will continue in a Secretariat role for the CTI;
- A CTI Coordination Committee (technical working group) charged with developing the Plan of Action has been set up, composed of representatives from each country;
- Between January – June 2008, intensive consultations will be conducted in each country;
- A second meeting of the SOM will be hosted by the Philippines during the third week of June 2008. There, a final draft of the CTI Plan of Action will be reviewed for adoption;
- Once adopted it will be recommended to ministers in all six countries for approval and a date for a ministerial meeting will be agreed;
- The World Ocean Conference in Manado, North Sulawesi (Indonesia) in May 2009 could provide an opportunity for a Coral Triangle Summit for leaders to adopt a CTI plan of Action and announce specific programs in each country to translate the Plan into tangible action.
In the meantime, a number of developments are taking place in dialogue with international donors and partners across the full range of existing and potential stakeholders – other governments, bi- and multilateral agencies, industry actors, civil society groups and the local communities for whom success of this initiative is so important.